Enhancing quality capacity building and knowledge exchange is at the heart of the WPHF mandate to serve as a global hub of knowledge for local women peacebuilders, humanitarians, and human rights defenders around the world. The WPHF Secretariat launched its Global Community of Practice (CoP) in 2020 to connect WPHF civil society partners, strengthen their networks, and reinforce their capacities.
Enabling the deepening and expansion of its capacity building and knowledge exchange efforts, the WPHF Secretariat established the Global Learning Hub (L-HUB) in 2021. The L-HUB offers enhanced training, exchange, and mentoring opportunities to a wide pool of local CSO leaders working to build peace and respond to crises across the globe.
WPHF Global Learning Hub
WPHF L-HUB initiatives include:
- The CSO Peer Learning Awards, launched in collaboration with Women Have Wings, to promote the work and recognize the efforts of 10 women CSO leaders engaged in peace and crisis response — supporting mutual capacity building, collaboration and networking opportunities between tandems of CSOs (meet the 2021 awardees based in DRC, Jordan, Nigeria, Palestine and Uganda here, and the 2022 awardees based in DRC, Haiti, Mali,Solomon Islands and Vanuatu here).
- The WPHF Mentorship Scheme will mobilize the expertise of Germany’s Action Network on Forced Displacement to provide capacity building to WPHF civil society partners and peer learning and mentoring relationships between tandems of CSOs focusing on women in displacement.
WPHF Community of Practice
The WPHF Community is designed for WPHF civil society partners and UN Women country office focal points and is managed by the WPHF Secretariat. The L-HUB provides to the WPHF Community members:
- A password protected Digital Platform, developed in pro-bono partnership with Dell Technologies, which includes a wide range of tools and resources for WPHF CSO partners, including a digital library and capacity building portal.
- An Email Distribution List to share capacity building resources and knowledge exchange opportunities.
- An exclusive Facebook Group enabling civil society leaders to exchange impact, share lessons learned and facilitate online dialogue from around the world, as well as keep updates on WPHF CoP events and initiatives.
- A Capacity Building Programme tailored to the unique needs of CSO members, composed of training modules and online webinars covering critical institutional development skills, made available in Arabic, English, French, and Spanish.
- The Peer Exchange Series constituting Peer Exchange Sessions, which provide an engaging space for CSO members to share strategies and challenges on WPSHA topics, and Knowledge Cafés, where CSO members present original knowledge products resulting from their work.
For more information on the L-HUB, please click here.
WPHF CoP Member Access
TO PROTECT THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF OUR CSO Members, THE WPHF COP DIGITAL PLATFORM IS PASSWORD PROTECTED.
Request access to the WPHF CoP Facebook Group here.