Local women peacebuilders and humanitarian activists from across the globe joined forces in Vienna in Feb 2020 to define their key priorities and amplify their calls for support.
Read and share their groundbreaking Vienna Declaration 2020.
The first ever Global Women’s Forum for Peace and Humanitarian Action (GWF2020) was a partnership of the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF), the Austrian Development Cooperation and the Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP).
As the world unites against the COVID-19 global pandemic and counts down to the 20th anniversary of UN Security Council 1325 later this year, support for women building peace and responding to crises in their communities is essential. Here are concrete steps that governments, the private sector and individuals can take right now to support women peacebuilders & humanitarian activists worldwide.
- INCREASE funding to the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund, and to women-led and women’s rights organizations working on peace and security and humanitarian issues, including through support of the new WPHF COVID-19 Emergency Response Window.
- CHAMPION emerging issues and address gaps such as women’s participation in peace negotiations, including through the implementation of the UN Secretary General’s recommendation to WPHF to open a rapid response window for women’s participation
- ADVOCATE for increased participation of civil society organizations—including WPHF-supported grassroots organizations working on women, peace and security issues—in diverse strategic fora and dialogues on peace
and security at the national and international levels
- ENHANCE efforts to support and protect women human rights defenders and women peacebuilders
- RAISE awareness by communicating with national constituencies and the general public—in partnership with WPHF—on the importance of the participation of women and their organizations in peace and security and humanitarian decision-making processes
For the Private Sector
- PROVIDE a grant to support the work of WPHF-funded women’s organizations, including by financing its urgent COVID-19 Emergency Response efforts across 25 eligible countries facing crises.
- FEATURE WPHF in employee giving campaigns
- ENGAGE employees in volunteering their talents and time to help advance WPHF’s mission
- COLLABORATE with WPHF on social media and cause marketing campaigns to raise awareness and funds
- DRIVE innovation for women peacebuilers and humanitarians by leveraging technical and human resources to foster collaboration, facilitate exchange and multiply impact
For Private Individuals
- SUPPORT the work of WPHF, including its efforts to support women’s organizations responding to COVID-19 in their communties, with a one-time or monthly donation at WPHFund.org/donate/
- USE your voice as a WPHF social influencer to help amplify the work of women working to build peace and respond
to crises. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and stay engaged at @WPHFund
Join the global movement supporting and leveraging the power of grassroots women who are building peace and responding to humanitarian crises across the globe.