The Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund is excited to announce a new Regional Call for Proposals in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Tajikistan to promote the socio-economic recovery, participation and leadership of Afghan women and young women in forced displacement.
WPHF seeks to fund qualifying local organizations and innovative, impact-driven projects led by and implemented alongside forcibly displaced women and girls in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Tajikistan through the following funding streams:
- Institutional funding from 2,500 USD to 30,000 USD
To reinforce the institutional capacity of local civil society organizations that have a specific focus on women and young women in forced displacement in their mission, that have project activities that are led by women and young women who are forcibly displaced and/or that have displaced women and young women as staff members (aligned with WPHF impact area 1).
- Programmatic funding from 30,000 USD to 200,000 USD
To finance programmatic activities of civil society organizations that contribute to socio-economic recovery, participation and leadership of women and young women in forced displacement (aligned with WPHF impact area 6).
This WPHF Call for Proposals is linked to the Action Network on Forced Displacement – Women as Agents of Change led by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Grantees will be invited to participate in related activities of the Action Network.
Complete application packages should be emailed to WPHFAPPLICATIONS@UNWOMEN.ORG with subject title “WPHF Afghanistan Regional Response (and target country – i.e. Afghanistan, Pakistan or Tajikistan)”
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17 june 2022
Local information sessions will be organized with prospective applicants. To register your interest, please send an email to the relevant UN Women Country Office with subject line “Information Session Afghanistan Regional Response”:
- To register for the Afghanistan hybrid (online and in-person) information session on 24 May at 2:30 PM Kabul time, please email email@example.com
- To register for the Pakistan online information session on 26 May at 3 PM Islamabad time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To register for the Tajikistan hybrid (online and in-person) information session on 27 May at 1 PM Dushanbe time, please email email@example.com