The Rapid Response Window does not support community focused initiatives.
Short-Term Grants (currently open for applications) up to 100,000 USD.
The Short-Term Grants stream is an opportunity for civil society organizations to implement urgent projects that address diverse barriers to women’s meaningful participation in a formal peace process or implementation of a peace agreement. Grants are awarded up to 100,000 USD for a maximum period of six months, and the stream is open to all ODA-eligible countries where formal peace processes or the implementation of peace agreements are taking place.
There is no deadline for applications. The RRW is demand driven and accepts submissions on a rolling basis.
Who can apply?
- Only local and national CSOs (especially women-led) whose work seeks t increasing women’s participation in a specific track 1 or track 2 peace process, or specific peace agreement monitoring and implementation mechanisms in the country can apply. Proposals which do not address Track 1 or 2, or peace agreement implementation will be excluded.”
- Civil society organizations NEED to be formally REGISTERED. Informal groups, including women’s associations and networks, can apply to the Direct Support Stream.
- Current WPHF grantees can’t apply.
- Former WPHF can apply
- CSOs can apply on their own, or as a coalition or consortium with a lead CSO applicant
- The RRW does NOT support projects for women’s participation in political decision making that are not related to a peace agreement, nor does it finance broader work towards WPS and other peacebuilding objectives.
- Community-focused peacebuilding activities and non-urgent initiatives are NOT eligible and will be immediately dismissed.
Apply for support today.
Do you represent a local or national civil-society organization searching for an urgently-needed grant to enhance women’s influence and participation in a current formal peace process or implementation of a peace agreement?
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL HAVE THEIR GRANTS MANAGED BY INGO PARTNERS OF THE RRW. INGOs ARE NOT IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS, BUT THEY MAY PROVIDE ADDITIONAL SUPPORT AS AGREED WITH THE CSO, BASED ON THEIR THEMATIC OR GEOGRAPHIC EXPERTISE. THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROJECT IS OWNED SOLELY BY THE CSO.
Download the Application Materials & Apply
Email your application to WPHF-RRW@unwomen.org.
Please note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by WPHF. Shortlisted applicants can expect to hear about next steps within 10 working days.
Are you looking for urgent logistical or technical services to support women’s participation in peace processes or the implementation of a peace agreement? Please click here for the RRW Direct Support Stream.
Join our next info session:
- 8 February in ENGLISH at 8:00 am EST (3:00 pm EET). You can check the event’s schedule in your time zone.
See below a recording of the webinar on on Rapid Response Window Short Term Grants Stream.
GO BACK TO MAIN RRW PAGE