THIS CALL FOR PROPOSAL IS NOW CLOSED.
The Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund, in partnership with the Spotlight Initiative, is excited to announce its first call for proposals in Papua New Guinea.
WPHF seeks to fund qualifying projects in PNG that are high impact, innovative, and contribute directly to the following objectives:
- Influence and advance progress on gender equality and women’s empowerment (GEWE) and on ending violence against women and girls (EVAWG), including sexual and gender based violence / harmful practices (SGBV/HP) and domestic violence
- Protect women and girls’ safety, security and human rights
This call for proposals makes available financing for local civil society organizations in PNG through two primary funding streams:
- Funding stream 1: Institutional funding: from 2,500 USD to 30,000 USD
To provide institutional funding to local civil society organizations working on gender specific protection issues in peace and security and humanitarian contexts, to ensure they are able to sustain themselves through the COVID-19 crisis
- Funding stream 2: Programmatic funding: from 30,000 USD to 200,000 USD
To finance projects that aim specifically to fund programmatic activities aligned with the Spotlight Initiative’s Outcome 6 and WPHF’s Outcome 5 (listed above). Projects can be designed to directly respond to the COVID-19 pandemic as long as they are aligned with the above two Outcomes.
Please note: An organization can only apply once, either to one or both streams. Organizations who Choose to apply for both streams will need to submit two application packages based on the requirements and related templates of each stream.
Organizations with projects active in the following provinces are eligible to apply:
- National Capital District
- East New Britain
- Autonomous Region of Bougainville
- East Sepik
- West Sepik
- Western Province and
- all Highlands provinces (Enga, Hela, Southern Highlands, Western Highlands, Eastern Highlands, Jiwaka, Chimbu)